Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC) is the voice of Canadian wood, pulp, paper, and bio-products producers nationally and internationally. Canada's forest products industry generates $80 billion annually and exports over half of that to the world.
The industry is one of Canada's largest employers, operating in 600 forest-dependent communities from coast to coast, and directly employing over 230,000 Canadians and providing another nearly 700,000 indirect jobs across the country.
Canada’s forest products sector is a world leader in sustainable forest management, a critical player in the fight against climate change, and committed to advancing reconciliation with Indigenous peoples and communities. You can learn more about us and our work at www.fpac.ca.
We have a unique opportunity for someone who wants to learn and develop skills in communications and public affairs. In addition to providing the logistical and tactical support required, the communications coordinator will:
Areas of Responsibilities
• Lead day-to-day coordination of FPAC’s internal communications with members, staff, and sector partners.
• Monitor and reports on daily media reports and weekly government listings.
• Support FPAC’s digital communication plans and priorities.
• Liaise with members, suppliers, and consultants as needed.
• Manage FPAC’s list development, distribution processes and ensures database accuracy.
• Execute logistics related to communications-related outreach, meetings and events.
• Coordinate logistics related to communications contracts and financial reporting.
• Lead the development of FPAC’s Quarterly Newsletter.
• Oversee the annual report process and content development.
• Motivated and reliable individual with a willingness and passion to learn new things, share ideas, and grow professionally.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work well with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills required to coordinate multiple activities, meet deadlines, and juggle competing demands.
• Bilingual (French/English) would be of value but is not an absolute requirement.
• Naturally curious and eager to learn, share, grow.
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfortable navigating digital platforms.
• Pristine attention to detail.
• Basic mathematical skills and financial knowledge.
Interested in Applying?
At FPAC we are committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We celebrate it within our team and believe that our different backgrounds and experiences make us stronger. With every person we hire, we aim to add to a culture where everyone is valued and all employees can grow in our team-oriented organization.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to email@example.com by November 12, 2021.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest but only those under consideration will be contacted.