Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC) is pleased to announce the winners of its annual summer Intern contest and 2019 Green Dream Bloggers.
The national Green Dream Bloggers program launched in 2013 to provide students working in the industry with an opportunity promote their work experiences over the summer.
As noted by FPAC’s President and CEO, “Our Green Dream program provides development opportunities for young Canadians but we also want to generate interest and inspire other future stars in our industry to explore the forest products sector as an exciting career option.” “Our sector is on the leading edge of innovation and we are world leaders in how carefully and sustainably we manage our forests. Having our summer interns share their on the ground perspectives and experiences is a great way to help others learn more about the important work we are doing in our forests and at our mills every day,” Nighbor added.”.
Those selected to be FPAC’s Green Dream Bloggers will receive a scholarship to support their ongoing education, as well as a GoPro camera to help them blog about their experiences in Canada’s forest products industry throughout the summer. This year’s winners are:
- Gabriel Gauthier, Resolute Forest Products, Quebec
- Gabriel Higney, West Fraser, Alberta
- Trenton Horsley, Conifex Timber, British Columbia
- Calvin Jensen, Alberta Pacific Forest Industries, Alberta
- Joshua Kranabetter, Tolko Industries, British Columbia
- Billi Bob Levasseur, Resolute Forest Products, Quebec
- Arianna Loogman, Mercer International, Alberta
- Kara (Leeaza) Perehudoff, Canfor, British Columbia
- Bailey Robinson, Millar Western, Alberta
- Dan Tran, Weyerhaeuser, Alberta
The blogs are posted bi-weekly throughout the summer and can be found here: http://thegreenestworkforce.ca/index.php/blog/.
FPAC provides a voice for Canada’s wood, pulp, and paper producers nationally and internationally in government, trade, and environmental affairs. The $69-billion-a-year forest products industry represents 2% of Canada’s GDP and is one of Canada’s largest employers operating in more than 600 communities and providing 230,000 direct jobs across the country.
For more information contact:
Vice President, Communications
t: 613-563-1441 ext. 314
Follow us on Twitter: @FPAC_APFC