- Environmental Credentials
- Climate Change
- Cleaner and Greener
- Sustainable Forest Management
- Building Green
A TRUSTED LEADER IN ENVIRONMENTAL CREDENTIALS
Canada’s forest products industry has the best environmental reputation in the world according to a Leger survey of international customers completed in 2014. By embracing strong environmental standards and helping to build a green economy, Canada has become known as a trusted source of legal and sustainable forest products. But the industry is not standing still. Under Vision2020, the sector is pledging to reduce its environmental footprint by an additional 35% by the end of the decade.
- All harvested trees are regrown — we are a renewable
- Canada has virtually zero deforestation — just 0.02% a year.
- Canada retains about 90% of its original forest