Ottawa, ON Canada
Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC) is proud to be the leading voice of one of Canada’s largest and growing sectors, representing Canadian wood, pulp and paper producers nationally and internationally. Canadian forestry is at the forefront of innovation and export, employing Canadians in hundreds of forest-dependent communities from coast to coast. As the third largest manufacturing industry in the country, forest products are a cornerstone of the Canadian economy. Beyond that, Canada’s forest products sector proudly works with over 1,400 Indigenous-owned forest businesses and are leaders as the greenest workforce in Canada – working with governments and community partners on environment and climate change priorities.
FPAC’s advocacy work is well recognized and respected in Ottawa and across our sector and helps ensure that the forest products industry continues to bring about environmental, social, and economic benefits to Canadians.
We’d love for you to join our team.
FPAC is looking for a results-focused and innovative leader who will also work as a member of our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of our strategic communications plans and support integration of those plans with our advocacy work.
As a member of FPAC’s Senior Leadership Team the VP, Communications will be responsible for FPAC’s internal and external communications programs and activities, will be actively engaged in our government relations planning, collaborate directly with our team of partners and members, and will further strengthen FPAC’s position as the leading and most thoughtful national voice for Canada’s forest products sector, its workers, and our forestry communities across Canada.
Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and execute communications strategies to promote FPAC and our members, our sector and its workers, and our partners in forestry communities.
- Promote branding initiatives consistent with FPAC’s goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with FPAC’s Senior Leadership Team to integrate communication strategies with our government relations efforts across multiple platforms.
- Manage proactive and reactive communications for the organization.
- Oversee member and stakeholder communications, ensuring clear and consistent messaging across all FPAC programs and communications platforms.
- Support the continued building of FPAC’s brand through outreach to new stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Act as the public voice of FPAC, as required.
- Lead FPAC’s work with our Public Affairs Committee.
- Excels in a team-focused work environment.
- Customer-service focused and committed to driving value for our members.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Superior negotiating and conflict resolution skills and the ability to effectively manage and respond to issues as they arise.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
Knowledge & Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree public relations, communications, and/or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in media, government, and/or public relations.
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with brand building and brand management.
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate work requirements while meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and e-mail required.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Knowledge of the forest sector in Canada would be an asset.
- Being fluently bilingual would be an asset.
Interested candidates should reply in confidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 28, 2018.