June 10, 2016 – Ottawa: The Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC) is pleased to announce the winners of this year’s 2016 Green Dream Internship program.
Ten students will receive a scholarship and their choice of an iPad mini or GoPro to help them blog this summer about their adventures as interns in Canada’s forest products industry. The blogs will be posted on TheGreenestWorkforce.ca, an online tool highlighting the future of the forest products industry and job opportunities available across the country.
The Green Dream blogs will give students the opportunity to share their adventures over the course of a summer work placement in Canada’s forest products industry. Students from all walks of life, studying in various fields, such as forestry, human resources, chemical engineering and environmental science, will share their stories online.
“Supporting and encouraging highly talented young people is a priority for our industry, and it’s also important for the Canadian economy.” said Derek Nighbor, CEO of FPAC. “These interns are the future of our industry and we want to follow their adventures as they explore our industry and share their stories.”
The GreenestWorkforce.ca features stories from a variety of employees working in the forest products industry who found their careers in the sector because they were looking for an adventure, to make a difference and to feel valued.
Career jobs in administration, science, engineering, skilled trades and mill operations are among those now open in communities across the country. Visit TheGreenestWorkforce.ca for more details.
To read the blogs posted by summer Green Dream Interns please visit: http://thegreenestworkforce.ca/index.php/blog/
Congratulations to the following 2016 scholarship recipients:
- Melissa Jenkins – Tolko Industries Ltd. – High Level, AB
- Faron Dyck – Millar Western Forest Products Ltd. – Whitecourt, AB
- Sydney Goward – West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. – Williams Lake, BC
- Francois Messely – Resolute Forest Products – Trois-Rivières, QC
- Caroline Thompson – West Fraser Co. Ltd. – Quesnel, BC
- Bailey Robinson – Daishowa-Marubeni International Ltd. – Peace River, AB
- Stefano Kangsan Jun – Weyerhaeuser Company Limited – Grande Prairie, AB
- Tony Wu – Canfor Corporation – Burnaby, BC
- Danielle Amaral – Canfor Corporation – Prince George, BC
- Olivia Watt – Canfor Corporation – Vancouver, BC
FPAC provides a voice for Canada’s wood, pulp, and paper producers nationally and internationally in government, trade, and environmental affairs. The $65-billion-a-year forest products industry represents 2% of Canada’s GDP and is one of Canada’s largest employers operating in hundreds of communities and providing 230,000 direct jobs across the country.
For more information contact:
Senior Director, Public Relations
Forest Products Association of Canada
firstname.lastname@example.org 613-563-1441 x314
Follow us on Twitter: @FPAC_APFC
Read the Tree Talk Blog: http://www.fpac.ca/forestry-news-canada/blog/